AUTOTHROTTLE ANNUNCIATIONS ON FMA
- The AT mode annunciations displayed on the Flight Mode Annunciation display (FMA) are:
- Top row indicates autothrottle engagement mode
- Bottom row indicates autothrottle armed mode
- Depicts whether the Autothrottle is engaged or disengaged.
AUTOPILOT ENGAGE (AP/TCS) ANNUNCIATOR
AUTOPILOT/AUTOTHROTTLE SOURCE SELECTION
PFD source that currently supplies the references (primary NAV source and selected airspeed reference) for FGCS autothrottle or flight director operation. It is controlled by the SRC button the Glareshield Panel.
APPROACH STATUS INDICATION
- Approach armed status shows to the left side of the source selector in white.
- Approach engaged status is shown to the right of the source selector in green.
- APPR1 – CAT I capable
- APPR2 – CAT II capable
- Autopilot disengagement:
- Either AP/TRIM DISC button is pushed.
- AP button on the Glareshield Panel is pushed
- Any manual pitch trim is activated
- Stick shaker activated
- Windshear escape guidance is activated
- A pilot input contrary to the autopilot is made on the controls.
- Autopilot will remain engaged in the event of an engine failure.
- Default Modes for the autopilot are: ROLL and FPA.
LATERAL FLIGHT DIRECTOR MODES
VERTICAL FLIGHT DIRECTOR MODES
- Roll Hold (ROLL) is the default lateral mode (roll hold, wings level, and heading hold).
- When the autopilot is engaged without any modes being selected, ROLL is automatically engaged.
- When a vertical mode is selected without a lateral mode, the default ROLL mode is activated. The mode is displayed above the attitude indicator on the PFD
- Flight Path Angle (FPA) mode is the default vertical mode.
- Activated between 10 ft and 1.500 ft radio altitude.
- “WSHEAR” label displays on the PFD
- Windshear Caution: Increasing headwind and up drafts. Amber flag and aural alert “CAUTION, WINDSHEAR”.
- Windshear Warning: Decreasing headwind (or increasing tailwind) and down drafts. Red flag and aural alert “WINDSHEAR, WINDSHEAR, WINDSHEAR”.
- Autopilot automatically disconnects when windshear guidance is activated.
- Windshear alerting will last until 1.500 ft AGL or clear of windshear.
- Windshear alerting system will not function if both radar altimeters and/or EGPWS is inoperative.
FLIGHT DIRECTOR GUIDANCE CUE IN TAKEOFF MODE
- Magenta vertical and horizontal bar.
- Displayed when the TO flight director mode is active.
- Takeoff guidance crossbars maintain extended runway centerline and pitch attitude based on appropriate configuration.